SERVICES FOR LANDLORDS
Our two main services are “Tenant Finding Service” and “Full Factoring Service” and we will be happy to email or mail to you full details of services and costs involved on request. We will be pleased to meet you at your property to discuss your requirements at your convenience.
TENANT FINDING SERVICE
- Initial visit to the property to meet and discuss Landlord’s specific requirements and advise of the legal requirement prior to marketing, such as Landlord’s Registration, EPC (Energy Performance Certificate), Gas Safety Certificate, Smoke Alarms, EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report) PAT and Pre-Tenancy check for Repairing Standard etc.
- Particulars and photos for marketing
- Advertising and escorted viewing
- Negotiating the terms and conditions of the offer to lease
- Obtaining references and credit check references for the prospective tenant/s
- Drawing up of lease agreement and arranging signature/s of same
- Independent inventory arranged
- Collection of Deposit and rent to be processed to Landlord after deduction of Agency fee
- Utilities to be transferred, electricity, gas/oil gauged and council tax notified
FULL FACTORING SERVICE
Includes all of the above points 1 thru 9 plus:-
- Collection and monitoring of rents to be processed to Landlord’s designated bank account.
- Tenant’s Deposit submitted to a government authorised Tenancy Deposit Scheme.
- Preparation of monthly statements detailing all transactions.
- Regular routine inspections, with the first being programmed for 2 months after the commencement of tenancy.
- Inspection reports sent to Landlords with recommendations if necessary and photos where appropriate.
- Repairs as necessary, with minor repairs being attended to immediately and Landlords being advised of any major repairs, estimates arranged where appropriate.
- Monitoring and arranging annual Gas Safety Checks.
- Dealing with any and all problems which may arise during the tenancy
- Prior to the termination of tenancy the property is advertised for re-let with viewings taking place during the last month of tenancy unless contrary instructions are received from the Landlord.
- Inventory recheck arranged for report of any damages and deficiencies.
- If cleaning and/or repairs are chargeable to the outgoing tenant these will be attended to.
- Any necessary deductions will be claimed from the tenant’s deposit via the Tenancy Deposit Scheme and the balance repaid to the tenant.
- Dealing with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme in the event of dispute.
- Property made ready for any new tenancy to commence.
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE
- Vacant property inspections
- Arrange and supervise Property renovation
- Lease only
- Supplementary Lease
- Notice to Quit
NON RESIDENT LANDLORDS
Barbara Ellis Leasing is a registered Agent with the Inland Revenue Non Resident Landlord’s Scheme. AGENT NUMBER: NA046517 1003
If you are, or going to be resident abroad and receiving income from letting property, you automatically fall into the Inland Revenue’s Non-resident Landlords Scheme where, by law, your Agent is required to deduct tax at the basic rate from the rental income and account for this quarterly to the Inland Revenue. You can complete a Form NRL1 to claim to have the rents paid gross and in most cases, provided your tax affairs are up to date, exemption will be granted. You will, however be required to complete a Self Assessment Return at the end of the tax year.
We would urge you to complete this Form NRL1 before you go abroad and if the property is jointly owned, both parties must complete a Form NRL1 which can be completed online:- Inland Revenue/Non Resident Landlord/NRL1 Form.